The following lists out our terms and conditions in relation to workshops held at Penney's studio:
All workshops are personally taught by Penney, a multi-award winning cake designer.
ENROLLMENT PROCESS FOR HANDS ON WORKSHOP AT OUR HONG KONG STUDIO
At the moment, we only accept enrolment by email or via our website on a first come first served basis (to be fair: no Whatsapp / Facebook messages). If you are unable to enrol via our website, please send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Your name
- Your contact number
- Course code
After we have received your expression of interest, you will receive one of the following emails:
a) Interest received with bank account details, or
Please reply to the email within 3 working days, including your bank deposit slip. Your enrolment is not completed until we have received your full payment, otherwise your space will be passed on to next in line.
b) Next in line
We will let you know as soon as there is a space available.
Once we have received your payment, we will send a confirmation email together with opening times and studio address.
Please send an email to email@example.com to enquire about private tuition fees for 1-to-1, 1-to-2, or 1-to-3 service.
TEAM BUILDING WORKSHOPS / CORPORATE EVENT
Our studio is also available for hire for team building workshops / corporate events, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about our available dates and related fees.
The course fee includes:
- the use of various tools during the workshop, and the tools have to be returned undamaged after the workshop
- one carrying box to take away your work
If a workshop is cancelled due to Acts of God, the workshop will be rearranged or course fee will be refunded depending on class syllabus. Please also refer to "Acts of God (Weather)” section.
All course fees are non-refundable; if you are unable to attend the workshop:
a) Single workshop
You can transfer your vacancy to another person, and this is to be arranged among yourself and the other person attending the workshop.
b) Multiple workshops
As these workshops are interlinked, you can catch up the topics you have missed by coming to the studio early, one hour before the subsequent workshop; this is the only option currently available. We will also prepare the required materials which you could have created during the workshop you missed.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY
While you are welcome to take photos during workshops, videography during the workshop is strictly prohibited. No warning will be given and participation of the workshop will be immediately suspended without refund.
From time to time, we take photos of people attending the workshop and their finished work. If you do not want to be included in any photos, please let us know before the workshop begins.
DESIGN AND COPYRIGHT ISSUES
Designs showcased / demonstrated by Penney for the workshops are copyrighted by JOL and Company Limited (trading as Penney Pang Designer Cakes), and all rights reserved. No part of these designs or images, in any form or by any means, can be used for any purpose other than personal use.
ACTS OF GOD (WEATHER)
- if the Typhoon Signal No. 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered before noon, the afternoon and night time workshops will be hosted
- if the Typhoon Signal No. 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered between noon and 4pm, the afternoon workshop will be cancelled and the night time workshop will be hosted
- if the Typhoon Signal No. 8 (or higher) or Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted at 4pm, the studio will remain temporarily closed for the rest of the day
- if the pre-Typhoon Signal No.8 special announcement is given or if the Typhoon Signal No.8 is hoisted during the workshop, all workshops will be suspended
- if the Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted during the workshop, the workshop will continue